Mobile Pet Clinic for Home Vet Care in Tampa
Our MVS Pet Care House Calls Tampa veterinarians are here to take care of your pet’s essential healthcare needs. Our home vets in Tampa make vet care accessible and convenient for pet owners and their furry friends in the Tampa Bay area, including Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco County.
How a House Call Pet Clinic Works in Tampa
You can quickly and easily schedule an upcoming at-home vet care appointment with a Tampa mobile vet using our online scheduling system. To make your appointment:
- Click the green Schedule Now button.
- Provide information about you and your pet in the form, including:
- Your reason for the visit
- Your preferred date and time
- Notes for the veterinarian
- Click Submit.
You will receive a confirmation email once we accept your proposed date and time.
If you prefer to schedule your appointment with a specialist by phone, we are reachable Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
When You Need At-Home Pet Care
- The first year of life: At-home vet care takes the inconvenience out of new pet ownership and provides you with the services you need, which is often more frequent during the first few months of your pet’s life.
- When your pet is anxious: Anxious pets can be difficult to transport to and from a vet clinic. For pets who are frightened by loud noises or sudden movements, veterinary house call visits are a great alternative.
- When your pet is experiencing an illness or sudden medical issue: When your pet is feeling unwell, it can be difficult to travel to an animal care clinic. That is why we offer pet examinations right in your home, where your pet feels more comfortable.
- Pet hospice care and end of life care: Whether your pet suffers from a terminal disease or is just getting older, traveling to and from the vet becomes more frequent and more difficult. Finding a house call vet near you can help with that.
The Benefits of Vet House Calls in Tampa
- There’s no need to spend the time and gas driving to a pet clinic – our Tampa mobile vets will come right to you.
- Avoid exposing your pet to infectious diseases from other pets in a crowded animal clinic waiting room.
- Receive the undivided attention from our mobile veterinarian in your own home, without the distractions of other pets and staff members.
Mobile Veterinary Services Available in Tampa
- Wellness exams: Pets need physicals on an annual basis like humans. We can check your pet’s health status and conduct health screenings in the comfort of your own house.
- Dental screenings: We assess your dog or cat’s teeth for infections, abscesses, periodontal disease, mouth cysts, and tumors.
- At-home dog and cat vaccinations: Get the most important vaccines for your dog or cat, including parvo, rabies, bordetella, canine distemper, influenza, other booster shots, and more.
- Heartworm treatment and prevention: Heartworm prevention is an important concern for every pet owner. We offer both treatment and prevention options during our at-home vet visits.
- Diagnostic labs: Our team provides a full range of diagnostic lab tests, including blood work and fecal testing for a variety of standard panels and profiles.
- Ear cleanings: Flush debris out of your dog or cat’s ear with our ear cleaning services, which can help prevent infections from developing.
- Nail trims: Trimming your pets’ nails yourself can be a pain. Fortunately, our team is able to do it for you.
- In-home pet euthanasia: Comfort is especially important during a pet’s passing. Our team can provide compassion and support while putting your pet to rest.
- In-home pet hospice care: We help ease your pet’s suffering at the end of their life by finding humane ways to reduce pain.
- Non-emergency illness or injury care: Our team is capable of addressing a variety of pet injuries and illnesses that are non-life-threatening.
- In-house pharmacy: Order and receive prescriptions for your pets directly to your home from our full-service pharmacy.
- Microchipping and microchip scanning: Our at-home microchipping implanting services make microchipping easy and pain-free. We can also scan your pet to see if they already have one implanted so it can be re-activated and traced.
- International travel certificates: International travel requires pets to be certified. We can help by assessing your pet and signing off on a health certificate to clear your furry friend for airline travel. Learn more about this certificate and pet travel requirements on the AVMA website.
What People Say About MVS Pet Care House Calls
Take a look at what our happy customers have to say about our mobile vet services.
“Donald Brainard and Christine were very patient and were they were able to have my dog's annual visit and tend to his allergies. They were able suggest medications and prevention as well as trim my dog's dew claws. Thank you for being so professional, reliable and helping a new resident with my pet's healthcare needs. I will be contacting them for my future pet's healthcare needs.”
“Absolutely great experience. I am so happy when ppl have passion for what they do!! I am so thankful for help, professional explanation and great attitude. Absolutely recommend this place if you need professional help with your pet!”
- Nano Shape of Beauty Master Trainer
“My call to MVS to schedule Bella’s appointment was seamless. Vincent was very nice, professional, and informative. The vet was very friendly, professional, and well informed. We sat on the couch while he asked and answered many questions. Bella came over to him and was examined without her even knowing it. She did not have to endure the stress of a cat carrier, drive to the vet or possible run in with other animals.”
FAQs About Home Vet Care in Tampa
Our prices are comparable to your local brick and mortar clinic. The only difference is that we charge a house call fee that ranges from $75.00 to $160.00, depending on your location within the country. There is always just ONE house call fee per visit. That means you pay just one house call fee for 1 pet or 10 pets to see our mobile veterinarian.
We offer services throughout the Tampa and Hillsborough County area, including Brandon (limited), Carrollwood, Cheval, Citrus Park, Davis Islands, Downtown, Egypt Lake-Leto, Harbor Island, Hyde Park, Keystone, Lake Magdalene, Lutz, Northdale, South Tampa, Town ‘n Country, and Westchase. We also service all areas of Pinellas County, as well as select areas of Pasco County, including Land ‘O Lakes, Lutz, New Port Richey, Odessa, Seven Springs, and Trinity. If your area is not listed above, please contact us! We are sometimes able to make exceptions depending on the schedule, and we are tracking areas of interest for future expansion.
An in-home visit with MVS Pet Care is stress free. Our veterinarian will visit you and your pet in the comfort of your home. That means exams in your living room, vaccines in your pet's favorite chair or dog bed, and any other primary care procedures needed anywhere inside your home. We also do "backyard" visits where we can sit on your front porch, in your yard, or in your garage to perform your pet's visit. We will arrive within a 4 hour block, and you will receive your "block" at the time of scheduling. We will also text or call you 1 hour before arriving in an effort to give you and your pet some time to prepare. Upon arrival, we will bring our gear, supplies, and medications into your home to begin your appointment. We will listen to your concerns, examine your pet, and then perform any services such as vaccines, ear cleanings, blood draws for labs, and more. We will also observe your pet's behavior and any symptoms. After that, we are able to prescribe meds and a care plan for your pet. We can also schedule follow up visits on the spot for you! We'll print a receipt and medical notes at the visit, and answer any final questions you might have.
No! Our prices are comparable to your local brick and mortar clinic. The only difference is that we charge a house call fee that ranges from $75.00 to $160.00, depending on your location within the country. There is always just ONE house call fee per visit. That means you pay just one house call fee for 1 pet or 10 pets.
We have locations across the United States. Some of our locations include:
- Tampa, Florida
- Palm Beach, Florida
- Miami, Florida
- New York, New York
And more! We are growing every day.
Most animals cooperate well during the visit, but some do not. In a house call setting, without the resources of a fully staffed hospital, there may be some pets who cannot be handled safely for all procedures. The doctor may ask you to provide a towel he or she can use to help keep your pet still and calm during some procedures. The doctor may also ask you to help hold your pet still for some procedures, but you should tell the doctor if you have any reason to think your pet might try to scratch or bite in this situation. You are never required to hold your animal, and you should not do so if your animal poses a risk of injury.
We are a companion pet veterinary house call service. Cats and dogs are our specialty.
It is unethical, and in most states, unlawful, for a veterinarian to write a prescription or dispense a prescription drug outside a Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship (VCPR). For more information about the VCPR, including a technical definition, see the AVMA's Principles of Veterinary Medical Ethics. For an overview, check out these FAQs about the VCPR.
Prepare for your visit by:
- Providing us with previous veterinary records prior to your visit. Ask your previous vet to email the records to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have them, please email them to us.
- Providing us with any information about your pet's medical history and behavior.
- Ensuring that you have provided our office staff with the correct address, gate code, and any other information that can help our team navigate to your home.
- Ensuring you understand our blocked scheduling process.
- Letting us know if you have any special requests or need any special accommodations (outdoor visit, skittish cat, etc.).
Veterinarians recommend regular wellness exams for the same reason your physician and dentist recommend them – if you can detect a problem in its early stages, it's more likely to be treated and resolved with less expense, less difficulty, and better success.
As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Vaccinations, heartworm prevention, and routine deworming are important components of wellness care and can prevent diseases that are not only life-threatening, but very expensive to treat.
Your veterinarian can recommend a wellness program based on your pet's breed (some breeds are predisposed to certain health problems), age, lifestyle, and overall health.