Mobile Pet Clinic for At-Home Vet Services in Palm Beach
Let our MVS Pet Care House Calls veterinarians come to you for your pet’s essential healthcare needs. Our house call Palm Beach veterinarians are here to make veterinary care accessible and convenient for pet owners and their furry friends.
How a House Call Pet Clinic Works in Palm Beach
Making an at-home vet appointment with our Palm Beach veterinary specialists is easy with our online appointment scheduling system.
- Click the green Schedule Now button.
- Provide information about you and your pet in the form, including:
- Your reason for the visit
- Your preferred date and time
- Notes for the veterinarian
- Click Submit.
You’ll receive a confirmation email once we accept your proposed date and time.
If you’d rather schedule an appointment by phone, we have someone available and ready to help Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
When You Need At-Home Pet Care
- The first year of life: The first few months of your pet’s life is when most pet healthcare is needed. At-home vet care takes the inconvenience out of new pet ownership.
- When your pet is anxious: Anxious pets who are afraid of sudden movements or loud noises are safest when cared for during a veterinary house call.
- When your pet is experiencing an illness or sudden medical issue: Examinations are much more comfortable in the home and eliminate the need for travel when your pet is feeling unwell.
- Pet hospice care and end of life care: As your pet ages or suffers from a terminal disease, traveling to and from the vet becomes more frequent and more difficult. Finding a house call vet near you can help with that.
The Benefits of Home Veterinary Care in Palm Beach
- Avoid surrounding your pets in a crowded waiting room with other animals who might be sick and potentially contagious.
- Save valuable time by eliminating the need to travel to the veterinary clinic.
- Enjoy more one-on-one time with your at-home veterinarian instead of being rushed at a busy clinic.
Mobile Veterinary Services Available in Palm Beach
- At-home dog and cat vaccinations: Some vaccinations we provide include parvo, rabies, bordetella, canine distemper, influenza, other booster shots, and annual vaccines.
- Wellness exams: Pets need yearly physicals like humans do. We can check your pet’s health status and conduct health screenings in the comfort of your own home.
- Dental screenings: Pet dental care is vital at all stages of life. We assess your pet’s teeth for infections, abscesses, periodontal disease, mouth cysts, and tumors.
- Diagnostic labs: We provide a full range of diagnostic lab tests, including blood work and fecal testing for several standard panels and profiles.
- Ear cleanings: If your cat or dog has debris in their ear, our team can provide ear cleaning services to flush it out.
- Nail trims: Trimming your pets’ nails yourself can be a pain. Our team of veterinary specialists can do this for you in a safe, easy way.
- In-home pet euthanasia: We can compassionately put your pet to rest in your home, where they feel the most comfortable.
- In-home pet hospice care: We ease your pet’s suffering at the end of their life by finding humane ways to reduce and manage their pain.
- Non-emergency illness or injury care: We provide care for all kinds of pet injuries and illnesses that are non-life-threatening.
- In-house pharmacy: Order and receive prescriptions for your pets directly to your home by using our full-service pharmacy.
- Microchipping and microchip scanning: Our at-home microchipping implanting services ensure the process is easy and painless. We can also scan your pet to see if they already have one implanted so it can be re-activated and traced.
- International travel certificates: International travel requires certain certifications for your pet. We can help by assessing your pet and signing off on a health certificate to clear your dog, cat or other kinds of pets for airline travel. Learn more about this certificate and pet travel requirements on the AVMA website.
Meet Your Palm Beach Veterinary Specialists
Dr. Annie Latraverse is a house call veterinarian specializing in primary care with MVS Pet Care House Calls Florida. Dr. Latraverse is originally from Quebec, Canada. She obtained her veterinary degree from the University of Montreal in 2005. Shortly after graduation, she relocated to South Florida to enjoy the year-round beautiful weather. Since then, she has practiced small animal medicine in three different reputable hospitals in Palm Beach and Martin County.
Dr. Annie is known to be very thorough and caring with her patients. She has a very friendly approach and loves to build long lasting relationships with the families. She strongly believes that being able to visit and treat her patients in their own home will be beneficial in many aspects for both the owners and their pets.
What People Say About MVS Pet Care House Calls
Take a look at what our happy customers have to say about our mobile vet services.
“We had our first visit with Dr Annie at the house today and it was a great success!!! Our two dogs were so happy to be at home and Dr Annie and the vet techs were awesome I’m so happy this service is available in Jupiter now!”
“The Doctor was very helpful and patient because I normally physically don’t handle my pet. She initially hid from myself and the doctor. Dr. MacFadgen worked with me, didn’t give up and eventually my cat got the care she needed. I am grateful for the doctor’s patience in that regard, for I knew that was the most important of all the help me and my cat needed. And thanks.”
- Ms Farmer
FAQs About Veterinary Home Visits in Palm Beach
Our prices are comparable to your local brick and mortar clinic. The only difference is that we charge a house call fee that ranges from $75.00 to $160.00, depending on your location within the country. There is always just ONE house call fee per visit. That means you pay just one house call fee for 1 pet or 10 pets to see our mobile veterinarian.
We are happy to serve the areas of West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach, and Jupiter.
An in-home visit with MVS Pet Care is stress free. Our veterinarian will visit you and your pet in the comfort of your home. That means exams in your living room, vaccines in your pet's favorite chair or dog bed, and any other primary care procedures needed anywhere inside your home. We also do "backyard" visits where we can sit on your front porch, in your yard, or in your garage to perform your pet's visit. We will arrive within a 4 hour block, and you will receive your "block" at the time of scheduling. We will also text or call you 1 hour before arriving in an effort to give you and your pet some time to prepare. Upon arrival, we will bring our gear, supplies, and medications into your home to begin your appointment. We will listen to your concerns, examine your pet, and then perform any services such as vaccines, ear cleanings, blood draws for labs, and more. We will also observe your pet's behavior and any symptoms. After that, we are able to prescribe meds and a care plan for your pet. We can also schedule follow up visits on the spot for you! We'll print a receipt and medical notes at the visit, and answer any final questions you might have.
No! Our prices are comparable to your local brick and mortar clinic. The only difference is that we charge a house call fee that ranges from $75.00 to $160.00, depending on your location within the country. There is always just ONE house call fee per visit. That means you pay just one house call fee for 1 pet or 10 pets.
We have locations across the United States. Some of our locations include:
- Tampa, Florida
- Palm Beach, Florida
- Miami, Florida
And more! We are growing every day.
Most animals cooperate well during the visit, but some do not. In a house call setting, without the resources of a fully staffed hospital, there may be some pets who cannot be handled safely for all procedures. The doctor may ask you to provide a towel he or she can use to help keep your pet still and calm during some procedures. The doctor may also ask you to help hold your pet still for some procedures, but you should tell the doctor if you have any reason to think your pet might try to scratch or bite in this situation. You are never required to hold your animal, and you should not do so if your animal poses a risk of injury.
We are a companion pet veterinary house call service. Cats and dogs are our specialty.
It is unethical, and in most states, unlawful, for a veterinarian to write a prescription or dispense a prescription drug outside a Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship (VCPR). For more information about the VCPR, including a technical definition, see the AVMA's Principles of Veterinary Medical Ethics. For an overview, check out these FAQs about the VCPR.
Prepare for your visit by:
- Providing us with previous veterinary records prior to your visit. Ask your previous vet to email the records to email@example.com or if you have them, please email them to us.
- Providing us with any information about your pet's medical history and behavior.
- Ensuring that you have provided our office staff with the correct address, gate code, and any other information that can help our team navigate to your home.
- Ensuring you understand our blocked scheduling process.
- Letting us know if you have any special requests or need any special accommodations (outdoor visit, skittish cat, etc.).
Veterinarians recommend regular wellness exams for the same reason your physician and dentist recommend them – if you can detect a problem in its early stages, it's more likely to be treated and resolved with less expense, less difficulty, and better success.
As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Vaccinations, heartworm prevention, and routine deworming are important components of wellness care and can prevent diseases that are not only life-threatening, but very expensive to treat.
Your veterinarian can recommend a wellness program based on your pet's breed (some breeds are predisposed to certain health problems), age, lifestyle, and overall health.