Mobile Pet Clinic for At-Home Vet Services in Miami
Let our MVS Pet Care House Calls veterinarians come to you for your pet’s essential healthcare needs. Our Miami veterinarians are here to make vet care accessible and convenient for pet owners and their furry friends.
How a House Call Pet Clinic Works in Miami
Our online appointment scheduling system makes scheduling an at-home vet appointment with our Miami vets simple.
- Click the green Schedule Now button.
- Provide information about you and your pet in the form, including:
- Your reason for the visit
- Your preferred date and time
- Notes for the veterinarian
- Click Submit.
A member of our team will reach out to confirm your appointment. If you prefer to make an appointment over the phone, we have someone available and ready to help Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
When You Need At-Home Pet Care
- The first year of life: At-home vet care takes the inconvenience out of new pet ownership and provides you with all the frequent services you need during your pet’s early months of life.
- When your pet is anxious: Anxious pets can be difficult to travel with to and from a vet clinic. For pets who are scared by sudden movements or loud noises, veterinary house call visits are a great alternative.
- When your pet is experiencing an illness or sudden medical issue: When your pet is feeling unwell, it can be difficult to travel to an animal care clinic. That is why we offer pet examinations right in your home, where your pet feels more comfortable.
- Pet hospice care and end of life care: Whether your pet suffers from a terminal disease or is aging into their senior years, traveling to and from the vet becomes more frequent and more difficult. Finding a house call vet near you can help with that.
The Benefits of Veterinary Home Visits in Miami
- We don’t just come to your home – if it’s more convenient for you that we examine your pet at your place of work, that’s where we will make our “house” call.
- Eliminate the risk of being exposed to infectious diseases by other pets in a crowded vet clinic waiting room.
- There’s no need to travel to the veterinary clinic – our Miami home vets come right to you.
- Enjoy the undivided attention of our mobile veterinarian, who won’t be distracted by other pets or staff members.
Mobile Veterinary Services Available in Miami
- Wellness exams: Just like humans, pets need annual physicals. We can check your pet’s health status and conduct health screenings inside your home.
- At-home dog and cat vaccinations: Some vaccinations we provide include parvo, rabies, bordetella, canine distemper, influenza, other booster shots, and annual vaccines.
- Heartworm treatment and prevention: Heartworm prevention should be a top priority for all pet owners. We offer both treatment and prevention options during our at-home vet visits.
- Diagnostic labs: Get access to a variety of diagnostic lab tests, including blood work and fecal testing for a variety of standard panels and profiles.
- Ear cleanings: Debris commonly builds up in your dog or cat’s ears. We can flush it out with an ear cleaning.
- Nail trims: Trimming your pets’ nails yourself can be a pain. Let us do it for you.
- In-home pet euthanasia: We can compassionately put your pet to rest where they are most comfortable.
- In-home pet hospice care: We help ease your pet’s suffering at the end of their life by finding humane ways to help manage and reduce their pain.
- Non-emergency illness or injury care: We provide care for several different pet injuries and illnesses that are non-life-threatening.
- In-house pharmacy: Our full-service pharmacy takes your order and ships prescriptions for your pets directly to your home.
- Microchipping and microchip scanning: Our at-home microchipping implanting services make the process pain free and comfortable. We can also scan your pet to see if they already have one implanted so it can be re-activated and traced.
- International travel certificates: Pets that are being transported internationally require specific certifications. We can help by assessing your pet and signing off on a health certificate to clear your furry friend for airline travel. Learn more about this certificate and pet travel requirements on the AVMA website.
Meet the House Call Veterinarians in Miami
Dr. Jessica Duke is a house call veterinarian specializing in primary care with MVS Pet Care House Calls Florida. Her prior experience includes primary care and surgeries in both a hospital and private practice setting. Dr. Duke is a Colorado native and has always had a strong passion for animals and veterinary care since early on in her life.
She completed her bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences at Colorado State University. She then traveled to the beautiful island of St. Kitts in the West Indies to earn her veterinary degree at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. Finally, she returned to Colorado State University where she finished her clinical training at the CSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
Dr. Duke’s interests include preventative and internal medicine as well as soft tissue surgery. When not at work, Dr. Duke enjoys creating animal portraits with pencil, spending time with her friends, and traveling the world. She has two spoiled cats, Piper and Polaris.
What People Say About MVS Pet Care House Calls
Take a look at what our happy customers have to say about our mobile vet services.
“Just had my appointment today with Dr Duke and it was wonderful! My dog is very squiddish and hard to take to the veterinarian but they were very professional allowed my dog the time it took to calm down and were extremely accommodating to her and my needs. Definitely highly recommend! Had a wonderful experience!”
“Today I had a house call from Dr Duke and her 2 assistants! They were fabulous! They were prompt, friendly and made the appointment very relaxed for my 12 year old pup, Meaty! I would highly recommend Dr Duke & her assistants .They took their time to explain the procedures, cost upfront and gave my dog a complete exam with ease.. Thank you ladies for taking such good care of my boy!!”
FAQs About Home Visit Vet Services in Miami
Our prices are comparable to your local brick and mortar clinic. The only difference is that we charge a house call fee that ranges from $75.00 to $160.00, depending on your location within the country. There is always just ONE house call fee per visit. That means you pay just one house call fee for 1 pet or 10 pets to see our mobile veterinarian.
We offer mobile vet services in Miami as well as the surrounding areas, including Miami Beach, Hialeah, Aventura, Miami Lakes, Doral, Key Biscane, Coconut Grove, South Miami, Sunset, Miami Shores, Hialeah Gardens, and North Miami Beach.
An in-home visit with MVS Pet Care is stress free. Our veterinarian will visit you and your pet in the comfort of your home. That means exams in your living room, vaccines in your pet's favorite chair or dog bed, and any other primary care procedures needed anywhere inside your home. We also do "backyard" visits where we can sit on your front porch, in your yard, or in your garage to perform your pet's visit. We will arrive within a 4 hour block, and you will receive your "block" at the time of scheduling. We will also text or call you 1 hour before arriving in an effort to give you and your pet some time to prepare. Upon arrival, we will bring our gear, supplies, and medications into your home to begin your appointment. We will listen to your concerns, examine your pet, and then perform any services such as vaccines, ear cleanings, blood draws for labs, and more. We will also observe your pet's behavior and any symptoms. After that, we are able to prescribe meds and a care plan for your pet. We can also schedule follow up visits on the spot for you! We'll print a receipt and medical notes at the visit, and answer any final questions you might have.
No! Our prices are comparable to your local brick and mortar clinic. The only difference is that we charge a house call fee that ranges from $75.00 to $160.00, depending on your location within the country. There is always just ONE house call fee per visit. That means you pay just one house call fee for 1 pet or 10 pets.
We have locations across the United States. Some of our locations include:
- Tampa, Florida
- Palm Beach, Florida
- Miami, Florida
- New York, New York
And more! We are growing every day.
Most animals cooperate well during the visit, but some do not. In a house call setting, without the resources of a fully staffed hospital, there may be some pets who cannot be handled safely for all procedures. The doctor may ask you to provide a towel he or she can use to help keep your pet still and calm during some procedures. The doctor may also ask you to help hold your pet still for some procedures, but you should tell the doctor if you have any reason to think your pet might try to scratch or bite in this situation. You are never required to hold your animal, and you should not do so if your animal poses a risk of injury.
We are a companion pet veterinary house call service. Cats and dogs are our specialty.
It is unethical, and in most states, unlawful, for a veterinarian to write a prescription or dispense a prescription drug outside a Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship (VCPR). For more information about the VCPR, including a technical definition, see the AVMA's Principles of Veterinary Medical Ethics. For an overview, check out these FAQs about the VCPR.
Prepare for your visit by:
- Providing us with previous veterinary records prior to your visit. Ask your previous vet to email the records to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have them, please email them to us.
- Providing us with any information about your pet's medical history and behavior.
- Ensuring that you have provided our office staff with the correct address, gate code, and any other information that can help our team navigate to your home.
- Ensuring you understand our blocked scheduling process.
- Letting us know if you have any special requests or need any special accommodations (outdoor visit, skittish cat, etc.).
Veterinarians recommend regular wellness exams for the same reason your physician and dentist recommend them – if you can detect a problem in its early stages, it's more likely to be treated and resolved with less expense, less difficulty, and better success.
As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Vaccinations, heartworm prevention, and routine deworming are important components of wellness care and can prevent diseases that are not only life-threatening, but very expensive to treat.
Your veterinarian can recommend a wellness program based on your pet's breed (some breeds are predisposed to certain health problems), age, lifestyle, and overall health.